Online businesses are booming, and with more and more people coming online these days, online businesses will continue to trend all over the world for years to come. So, if you are here wondering which is the best online business to start as a beginner, you’ve come to the right place. This article will cover some of the best online businesses you can start this year.
A recent study shows that more than half of the world is online now; what does that mean? That means more people are buying online, more products and services are being sold online, and this trend will continue to increase. But if you are still getting ready with your online business, you lose money because your ideal customer is hanging out online.
5 amazing online business ideas for beginners With that being said, if you are ready to start an online business this year, you’ll be able to find out the best online businesses you can start as a beginner.
1. Blogging: No matter which online business you choose, you’ll need a blog to help that business thrive. Blogs have been around for a long time, and they will continue to be one of the best ways to get more attention, get leads, and turn random visitors into paying customers. Why? It’s because people love reading blogs, and anyone can earn money from blogging.
All you have to do is start a blog and make it profitable with a little effort and the eventual improvement of your writing skills. Almost everyone has something to share with the world. If you can write blog articles regularly, you can also build an audience. And if you have never written a blog post before or don’t know how to write your first blog post, well, there’s no time to try something new.
2. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is just word-of-mouth or referral marketing. You choose and promote a product by simply recommending it to your friends, family, and audiences.
You earn a commission if you use your referral link. That’s how affiliate marketing works. But let’s see this in a real-life example. Suppose you want to purchase a new phone and ask me which smartphone you should buy.
Instead of saying, “iPhone X is worth buying, I sent you a link to purchase it from Amazon. Since I’m affiliated with Amazon, I’ll earn a commission if you make a purchase using my affiliate link. It’s that simple.
Affiliate marketing is the easiest of all, and even a beginner can earn from affiliate marketing. However, it’s worth noting that you’ll need an audience to earn from affiliate marketing. There are many ways to build an audience, but a blog or YouTube channel is the most popular.
3. Vlogging: The trend for vlogging is increasing. Video content is being consumed more than ever before, and that’s why YouTube has become the second-largest search engine next to Google. If you are not creating video content, you are missing out on many potential customers. Anyone can create a YouTube video with the advanced cameras of modern smartphones. So, start a YouTube channel and create videos.
If you don’t have a professional camera, no problem. Use your smartphone, or even any screen recording software, to create videos on your Mac or PC. Upload videos to your YouTube channel, get more views, and monetize them. You can sign up for the Google AdSense program, enable ads on your videos, and earn money.
4. Freelancing: If you want to start a business that can be started without any investment, this one is for you. People who work for themselves and aren’t necessarily tied to one employer for the long term are often called “freelancers.” Almost everyone has some skills, and you must also have some hidden skills.
You may be good at graphic design, coding, app development, digital marketing, creative writing, or anything else. Could you just ask yourself what skills you already have? And once you know your skills, you can offer services and charge your clients for the services you offer.
You can create a profile on sites like Freelancer.com, Upwork.com, Fiverr.com, etc. Although getting your first client would be tough, once you get a few clients and get good ratings from them, your profile starts looking professional, and you’ll start getting more clients. That’s how you’ll earn more money in the long run.
The good thing about freelancing is that you are not committed to a particular boss. But the bad thing is: it’s just like any other 9–5 job, but with the flexibility of choosing your timing. So you’ll have to work hard, and freelancers have no passive income.
5. Dropshipping: There are two ways to sell products and make money: either physical or digital products. But whatever you sell, you need to manage shipping, billing, customer support, refunds, etc.
Dropshipping is a hybrid approach to selling products where you don’t have to go through all this. Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party that ships it directly to the customer.
She is a real-life example of dropshipping. Let’s say you create a mini-site like Amazon. You choose the products you want to sell on your store, import them from a 3rd-party store using a plugin, and show them on your e-commerce store.
You now drive traffic to your store’s website, customers make purchases, and the 3rd-party store from which you imported the product ships and fulfills the order. It’s as simple as that. But the good thing is that you can import a product for $10 and sell it for $20. That’s a huge profit.
Final Thoughts on Online Business Ideas for Beginners
And there you have it—some of the best and simplest online businesses that just about anyone can launch with a little work and a dream. Without a doubt, you are now armed with the knowledge of the very best online businesses that you can start this year.
Of course, there are many other online business ideas out there as well. I have only selected those online businesses that are great to dive into to learn the ropes and are perfect entrepreneurial learning paths for beginners.
Courtesy: The Strive